For the last 30 years DMA has maintained its reputation as the gold standard in Pilates training for physiotherapists with Clinical Pilates pioneering the links between spinal stability exercise, motor control research and the work of Joseph Pilates.
Only DMA has published research to test efficacy of the Clinical Pilates MBCT treatment tool with a training model focussed on the heterogenous demands of Physiotherapists treating pathology within a clinical pathway.
We know that every patient is different so you will learn how to identify the differences and treat with a focused, reliable prediction tool. Clinical Pilates is not an homogenous exercise class approach, it’s a cutting edge pathology treatment tool. Whats more, no other Pilates course has its sights set on addressing the future challenges of health reform and the pivotal role physiotherapists will play.
UNIT A | MODULE 1 + 2
- Lumbo pelvic stability & asymmetry
- Patient subgrouping & setting patient specific treatment programs
- Problem solving complex patient presentations
- Functional stability tests & outcome measures
- Cervico thoracic & shoulder girdle stability treatment
- Chronic pain made simple via pattern recognition heuristics.
- Pelvic floor vs bowel & bladder – what are we missing?
- Differentiation of radiological findings
- Function or structure – differential diagnosis tools
- Exercises as clinical tests & treatment tools
- Case studies
This module covers Matwork, Reformer & Trapeze Table work that bears most relevance to patient treatment pathways.
UNIT B | MODULE 3 + 4
- Motor control & treatment program progressions
- Managing co existing pathologies
- Multidirectional / global instability management
- Sporting / ageing / neuro populations
- Surgical Suitability program development
- Complex case studies & advanced problem solving
- Health reform changing the future of physiotherapy
As clients improve, clinicians require a broader repertoire to progress patients safely.
This module teaches programme progression and indicators to determine if/when client pathologies are stable and suitable to progress.
UNIT C | FINAL CERTIFICATION
DMA Clinical Pilates Certified Clinicians are the leaders in an exclusive network of highly qualified Clinical Pilates trained
Physiotherapists – CLINICAL PILATES NETWORK.
- Recognition as a Certified DMA Clinical Pilates™ MBCT clinician
- Priority placement on the exclusive find-a-physio worldwide directory
- Use ‘DMA Certified’ logo
- Join DMA global community of over 10,000 DMA trained clinicians
Opportunity to increase client referrals
- e-health/telehealth consults and support
- Business networking clinic
- Improved employment prospects
- Meet the growing demand for DMA Clinical Pilates™ trained clinicians
- Work with the DMA Clinical Pilates™ advocacy process with health insurers in the rapidly emerging health reform space.